For those of you who don't like Christmas Pudding, this is definitely the way to go...the Kleenmaid steam oven gives you a perfect result without any stodgy-ness!
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 1 jar of fruit mince
- 2 Cups mixed dried fruit of choice (craisins, raisins, apricots, pineapple, figs)
- 1 Cup mixed nuts of choice (anything but not peanuts)
- 2 oranges, zest and juice
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 150 Gram dark Chocolate chips (or block of dark chocolate, broken into chunks) BUY
- 3/4 Cups brandy
- 1 Cup flour
- 75 Grams Unsalted Butter BUY
- 1/2 Cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup treacle
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon ginger
- 1 Teaspoon cloves
- 1 Teaspoon cardamom
- 3 eggs
- Individual ramekins for steaming
Combine all fruit, nuts, chocolate, zest with juice and ½ of the brandy.
Cover and leave overnight, stirring occasionally.
In another bowl, combine flour and spices.
In large bowl, beat together sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
Add treacle and beat through. Beat in eggs one at a time.
Stir in flour mixture to make a thick batter.
Add brandied fruit and nuts and mix well.
Spoon into ramekins and process in steam oven for up to an hour.
To serve remove pudding from dish, douse with dash of brandy and ignite with cooks torch.
Serve with cream, custard or Brandy Hard sauce.