Corn Cinnamon Churros with Chocolate Sauce
I love churros. Hot, crunchy on the outside, soft and yielding on the inside, cinnamon sugar, silky chocolate sauce. What is not to love? Home made churros are a step up from anything you can buy. Make sure you use corn meal as opposed to corn flour. The textures are very different. And I think from memory, a churros maker would be far superior to the method we used which involved a piping bag and a sprained wrist. Get your churros maker at good kitchen ware stores anywhere!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 560 Grams water
- 1 Teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 1 Teaspoon golden caster sugar
- Pinches Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste BUY
- 100 Grams cornmeal
- 220 Grams plain flour
- Pinches bicarb
- Coconut Oil for frying BUY
- Cinnamon Sugar for coating (1 heaped tsp cinnamon per 1/4 cup golden caster sugar)
- Chocolate Melt 100g dark chocolate with 100g milk/coconut milk and a pinch of pink salt flakes for 5 min/50°C/speed 1. This sauce will set solid in the fridge. BUY
Place water, olive oil, caster sugar, salt and vanilla into Thermomix bowl and heat 6 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add cornmeal, plain flour and bicarb and mix 15 sec/speed 6.
Tip out into a bowl and cool dough before frying.
To deep fry churros heat enough oil to submerge dough to 180ºC. Using a piping bag with star nozzle or churros maker, shape 3-4 churros gently dropping them straight into the oil. Turn occasionally then remove once puffed and golden brown on all sides. Drain on paper towel, then immediately coat in Cinnamon Sugar. Serve with Chocolate Sauce.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!