Salad creations are kind of my thing. That and dessert. I am not afraid of creating 'Asian' dishes either...but I digress. This turned out sooo well, that I just had to take a quick pic and get it up here for you all to try! It will make the perfect next day lunch, is great with anything grilled (we had chicken). Add herbs at will. And of course the very deep hued Ikea plate didn't hurt how good it looked either!!
Hope you love it too!
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 500 g pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) as needed BUY
- Pink Salt Flakes to taste BUY
- 1/2 purple or white cauliflower cut into small florets
- 1 small shallot, diced finely
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1x 400 g tinned chick peas, drained
- 2-3 Handful mixed leafy green herbs of choice, (we used mint, coriander, basil, parsley)
- 40 g pumpkin seeds
- 20 g linseed
- 40 g sunflower seeds
- Handful craisins (dried cranberries)
Curried Yoghurt Dressing
- 200 g Greek Yoghurt
- 1 tsp each ground cumin, coriander
- 2 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp Pink Salt Flakes or to taste BUY
Place the pumpkin onto a lined baking tray and drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle with salt flakes. Roast in a fan forced oven set to 180°C for 30 minutes. Cool,
Meanwhile, combine all salad ingredients except seeds. Place seeds into a frying pan and toast until fragrant and just changing colour.
Add seeds to the salad.
To make the dressing, stir everything together in a bowl.
When you are ready to serve, add the roasted pumpkin to the salad along with the dressing and stir gently to coat everything in dressing. Serve immediately. This will keep for a day in the fridge, but after that you are out of luck! The herbs tend to go a little soggy with the dressing.