It was cold. It was nearly lunchtime. What was in the pantry? Well, crushed tomatoes and tinned beans. I have herbs growing of course, so this was a simple quick lunch, best served on a cold wet day. A little bit Italian I think...thus the title. Simple good food, cooked without fuss and just very delicious.
It hit the spot. (And then doubled down as dinner for my kids!) #cookonceeattwice is real!
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 60 Grams Butter BUY
- 2 large Brown Onion peeled and halved
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 80 Grams anchovy fillets
- 1 x 400g Tin Crushed Tomatoes
- 60 Grams Tomato Paste
- 500 Grams ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Teaspoon Raw Caster Sugar (optional) BUY
- 1 Tablespoon dried Italian herb mix
- freshly cracked Black Pepper to taste
- 2 x 400g Tins butter beans, or borlotti beans, drained
- Fresh herbs of choice to garnish (flat leaf parsley, oregano, basil, thyme)
Place butter, onion and garlic into the Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 6.
Saute 5 min/Varoma/speed 1 using the spatter guard or simmering basket in place of the MC.
Add anchovy fillets, tinned and fresh tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, dried herbs and pepper. Cook 10 min/Varoma/Reverse/speed 1 using the spatter guard or simmering basket in place of the MC.
Add beans and continue cooking 5 min/80°C/Reverse/speed 1.
Taste for seasoning, the anchovies normally mean you don't need salt, but it will depend on the anchovies you used. Serve hot with plenty of crunchy toasted sourdough!
More Meatless Mains
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load