Mediterranean Veggie SaladMake on Fresco
This salad is so simple and can be changed up to use any seasonal veggies of choice really. Think pumpkin, think asparagus, think roasted tomatoes, think different salad greens like kale or even add nuts and seeds as a topping instead of the feta. Really tasty, no dressing really required unless you want to, as the vegetables impart their own juice in the roasting process. This also can easily be made well in advance, just keep each roasted vegetable separate from the others in sealed containers in the fridge, assemble, dress, and eat. (One should always be dressed to eat in my opinion, but there you go!)
Hope you enjoy!
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control sort out your pantry and fridge and is ready for your shelfies now! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
- 1 eggplant, sliced into thin slices
- 1 zuchinni, sliced into thicker slices
- 1 capsicum/bell pepper red, quartered and deseeded
- 1 capsicum/bell pepper yellow, quartered and deseeded
- 1 capsicum/bell pepper green, quartered and deseeded
- 30 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) or as needed BUY
- pink salt flakes to taste BUY
- 200 Grams salad greens of choice
- 1-2 avocadoes, sliced
- 1 Punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- A few fresh herbs of choice
- 100 Grams feta, crumbled
- 80 Grams honey BUY
- 2 Teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 80 Grams apple cider vinegar
- 2 Pinches pink salt flakes or to taste BUY
- black pepper freshly cracked to taste
- 100 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
Prepare veggies and salt the eggplant and zucchini, and leave to rest. Rinse and pat dry before continuing.
Preheat oven to 180°C and line a large flat baking tray with paper.
Arrange vegetables on the paper and drizzle generously with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast 30 minutes or until eggplant is well cooked. Cool slightly.
To assemble salad, place the greens on a large flat serving dish and arrange the roasted veggies over the top.
Add avocadoes, tomatoes and herbs. Drizzle with dressing just prior to serving and crumble feta to garnish.
Make the Dressing; Place honey, mustard and vinegar into Thermomix bowl and cook 3 min/100ºC/speed 2-3/MC off.
Add seasoning, oil and mix 10 sec/speed 4 until blended.