This salad is so simple and can be changed up to use any seasonal veggies of choice really. Think pumpkin, think asparagus, think roasted tomatoes, think different salad greens like kale or even add nuts and seeds as a topping instead of the feta. Really tasty, no dressing required as the vegetables impart their own juice in the roasting process. This also can easily be made well in advance, just keep each roasted vegetable separate from the others in sealed containers in the fridge, assemble, dress, and eat. (One should always be dressed to eat in my opinion, but there you go!)
Hope you enjoy!
- 1 eggplant, sliced into thin slices
- 1 zuchinni, sliced into thicker slices
- 1 red capsicum, quartered and deseeded
- 1 yellow capsicum, quartered and deseeded
- 1 green capsicum, quartered and deseeded
- Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil Olive oil as needed BUY
- Pink Salt Flakes Pink salt flakes to taste BUY
- 1 small bag salad greens
- 1-2 avocadoes, sliced
- 1 Punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- A few fresh herbs of choice
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 100 g feta, crumbled
Prepare veggies and salt the eggplant and zuchinni, and leave to rest. Rinse and pat dry before continuing.
Preheat oven to 180°C and line a large flat baking tray with paper.
Arrange vegetables on the paper and drizzle generously with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast 30 minutes or until eggplant is well cooked. Cool slightly.
To assemble salad, place the greens on a large flat serving dish and arrange the roasted veggies over the top.
Add avocadoes, tomatoes and herbs. Squeeze lemon juice over just prior to serving and crumble feta to garnish.