Quinoa and Kale CurryMake on Drop
The dowdy younger sister of rice, this amazing grain is not actually a grain, but I digress. Throw all sorts of flavour at quinoa and you not only get protein, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, vitamin E and fiber, you get a (non) grain that will take on any amount of flavour in the midst of all that nutritional weight. Plain. Simple. Plain and simple. But not dowdy at all! This recipe appears in The Convenient Vegetarian. A cookbook that should really have on your shelf, whether you are a vegetarian or not. It is packed with delicious flavourful vegetarian and vegan meals, or alternatively, cook up half a cow and serve them as sides...you know what I mean.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 2 Tablespoons Yellow Curry Paste Recipe
- 2 Teaspoons ground turmeric
- 3 cloves garlic
- 5 cm piece ginger
- 5 cm piece galangal
- 1 red onion, halved
- 50 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 150 Grams quinoa, well rinsed
- 400 Grams liquid vegetable stock or water
- Pink Salt Flakes to taste BUY
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 x 400g tinned tomatoes
- Handfuls green beans, topped and tailed
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 120 Grams baby kale leaves, (or chopped grown-up kale leaves!)
- Handfuls coriander leaves, lime wedges, and/or yoghurt to serve
Place Yellow Curry Paste, turmeric, garlic, ginger, galangal, onion and EVOO and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl and sauté 5 min/ Varoma/speed 1.
Add quinoa, stock (or water), salt, carrots and tomatoes. Place green beans into steamer dish and set on top of bowl. Cook 18 min/Varoma/Reverse/ speed 1. Remove steamer dish.
Add kale leaves to Thermomix bowl and cook 2 min/100°C/Reverse/speed 1.
Serve in large bowls, topped with green beans and garnished with coriander leaves and with a lime wedge on the side.
Ideal served with the Fermented Rice and Lentil Dosas.
More Meatless Mains
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load