Risoni Vegetarian JambalayaMake on Drop
WE LOVED THIS DISH! It started as a bit of a joke, as mostly risoni is the only pasta still available during the crazy shelf stripping episodes we are all seeing happen around the world! I think that is because people have no idea what to do with risoni, the little rice shaped pasta. Rest assured I will never make homemade risoni...I think we are probably on the same page about that one...can you even imagine?
SOOO when it was posted on social media that risoni was still widely available we got cracking. This dish was a revelation. Even my carnivore man child asked for more and told me he loved it! WINNING.
I think you can safely buy risoni kids, if that is all there is left, we got you sorted!
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control will get your pantry and fridge in order this February! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
- 2 Red Onion peeled and quartered
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 fresh jalapeno chilli (Deseeded if you prefer less heat)
- 1 Red Chillie(s)
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 3 Stalks of celery, roughly chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 Capsicum/Pepper red, diced
- 1 Capsicum/Pepper green, diced
- 150 Grams liquid vegetable stock
- 170 Grams Red wine
- 200 Grams Water
- 2 Bay Leaf fresh or dried
- Few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 Pinches Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- Pinches Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 250 Grams Risoni pasta
- 2 Spring onions, sliced thinly
- 1 Handful Fresh parsley to garnish
- 1 Red Chillie(s) sliced thinly to garnish
- 200 Grams Sour Cream to serve
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Place onions, garlic, chillies and EVOO into the Thermomix bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 6. Cook 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add celery, tomatoes and chop 3 sec/speed 5.
Pour into a casserole dish, and stir through diced capsicum,stock, wine, water, bay leaves, thyme, salt, pepper, paprika and risoni making sure the pasta has plenty of liquid around it.
Bake covered, for 30 minutes, then 15 minutes uncovered. You could also stir through some cheese if desired.
Garnish with spring onions, parsley, chilli and sour cream.