This recipe can be used in so many ways. Once you have made the beetroot, leave it in the fridge and you will be reaching for it on every occasion where salad is involved. It is very simple, the flavours improve over time. Get a big jar and make a lot, or just cut the recipe down and make less to suit your needs, but it will keep in the fridge for up to 2 months. Oh, and NO thermomix required! (Stop the world...what is up with that??)
I am going to make sure I have them on hand all summer long. YUM.
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 1-2 Bunches beetroots
- Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil as needed BUY
- 2 Tablespoons Coriander Seed(s)
- 1 escahlot finely chopped
- 2 Teaspoons chilli flakes or to taste
- 1/4 preserved lemon wedge, with all the flesh scraped off
- 3 anchovy fillets
- Pink Salt Flakes to taste BUY
- 80 Grams Apple Cider Vinegar
- 80 Grams Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil BUY
- 5 Drops doTERRA black pepper oil (optional) BUY
- 1-2 French baguette sliced Recipe
- Baby bocconcini, torn in pieces
- Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil generously drizzled BUY
Preheat oven to 180°C. Wash and trim beetroot. Wrap each one seperately in aluminium foil with a drizzle of EVOO and place into a baking tray. Roast until tender. Cool until you can touch them.
Using the foil, rub the skins off and discard. Quarter or cut each beetroot into wedges and place into a shallow dish.
While the beetroot is roasting, dry toast the coriander seeds on a medium heat until fragrant and just smoking. Cool.
Place all remaining ingredients into a bowl with the toasted coriander seeds and stir with a fork. Pour over the still warm beetroot. Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour.
Serve on their own, or as shown, with fresh baguette, bocconcini and plenty of EVOO.
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load