Slow Cooked Thai Green Vegetable CurryMake on Drop
I know we are still in the middle of summer if the thermometer is anything to go by, but cooler days are ahead and it is good to have a few family recipes ready to go that will do double duty as dinner and left overs lunch the next day.
This recipe is one such meal.
I hope you have a slow cooker. If you don't, it is time, home cooks of Australia (and elsewhere)! This is delish. Served with or without rice or as in this case, quinoa! Enjoy! This recipe also appears in the ebook Go Slower, Thermomix to Slow cooker, still available in store and FREE to Insiders.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 1 Brown Onion peeled and halved
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 10 Grams Fresh Ginger
- 1 Green Chilli(es)
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 100 Grams Thai Green Curry Paste Recipe
- 400g Tins Coconut Cream Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable stock paste
- 200 Grams Water
- 2 Pinches Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 1/2 Butternut Pumpkin peeled and cut into large cubes
- 2 large potatoes, cubed
- 1 small Sweet Potato, cubed
- 2 large carrots, cubed
- 1-2 lemongrass, white part only, kept whole
- 30 Grams Shredded Coconut BUY
- 8 Baby eggplants, whole, end chopped off
- 300 Grams Green Beans, top and tailed
- 3 limes, juice
Place onion, garlic, ginger, chilli, EVOO and Thai green curry paste into the Thermomix bowl and chop 5 seconds/speed 5 Scrape bowl and cook 5 minutes/Varoma/speed 1 Tip mixture out into the Slow Cooker.
Place coconut cream, stock, water and salt into the Thermomix bowl and mix 6 seconds/speed 6 then add to the Slow Cooker to get out all the yummy Thai green paste goodness.
Add remaining ingredients, except green beans and lime juice to the Slow Cooker, stirring to coat all the vegetables in the sauce.
Set on high for 4 hours.
Once cooked, Add the beans and lime juice and stir through. Let sit for 30 minutes to soften the beans slightly.
Remove and discard lemongrass.
Serve with steamed quinoa or rice.
This is one of our amazing Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!