Spinach and Chicken Salad with CranberriesMake on Drop
Steaming chicken in your Thermomix is seriously one of the easiest ways to have dinner on the table in summer that I know of.
Think any salad, sliced chicken breast and then a killer dressing...you're ready! You could pre-steam chicken breast, slice them and freeze them in small serving sized portions, make your salad while the chicken thaws in your lunch box...keeping everything cold. SO easy. So very Simple. (Summer is coming...think of the possibilities!)
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 2 Chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 1 Litre water for steaming
- 400 Grams baby spinach leaves
- 150 Grams mushrooms, sliced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 150 Grams slivered almonds, toasted
- Handfuls cranberries, dried
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon, juice and zest, finely grated
- 2 Teaspoons Ancient Roman Mustard or Dijon Mustard Recipe
- 20 Grams white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Sugar
- 1 Pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 Pinch smoked paprika
- Pinches Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 100 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
Place chicken breast fillets into Varoma dish and water into Thermomix bowl. Set Varoma into position and steam chicken until done approximately 15 min/Varoma/speed 4. This will vary slightly depending on the size of the chicken fillets and how cold they are when you begin. Rest the chicken whilst you prepare the salad.
Place all the salad ingredients into a bowl reserving almonds for garnish.
Make the dressing by placing everything except the EVOO into the Thermomix bowl and blending 10 sec/speed 8. Add EVOO through hole in the lid and combine 5 sec/speed 5.
Slice the chicken breast and place on top of the salad, drizzle with dressing and finish with the almonds. Serve immediately.
Obviously this salad can easily be increased in volume to serve your crowd of choice. More chicken breast, more salad, probably there is enough dressing to go the distance but you could increase it if you needed to.