Thai Carrot and Coconut Soup
I do love getting Thai-ed up from time to time and this is no exception. This recipe is so delicious, you will find yourself craving it, I’m pretty sure and it so completely easy and completely delicious, that it is a real go to for a wet weekend lunch. And even better, you will probably have most of the ingredients already in your kitchen...What are you waiting for? (Hopefully not the rain!).
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 brown onions, halved
- 5 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white part only
- 1 small Red Chillie(s)
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 1 Tablespoon Umami Paste Recipe
- 300-400 Grams carrots, in pieces
- 300-400 Grams liquid stock of choice (same weight as carrot)
- 400 Milliliters Coconut Cream Recipe
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- Fish sauce to taste (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Sugar
- Kecap manis and coriander leaves to garnish
Place garlic, onions, ginger, lemongrass, chilli and EVOO into Thermomix bowl and chop 4 sec/speed 6.
Sauté 6 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add Umami Paste and carrots and chop 6 sec/speed 6.
Add remaining ingredients except kecap manis and coriander leaves and cook 10 min/90°C/speed 1.
Remove kaffir lime leaves before pureeing 30 sec/speed 8.
Serve in big bowls with a swirl of kecap manis, garnished with a few coriander leaves.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!