Spanish Roasted Tomato SoupMake on Drop
I recently flew to and from the USA on Virgin Australia (my airline of choice most of the time) and of course they have food by the lovely and talented Luke Mangan, and I have to say, not too shabby as far as airline food goes. On my return journey I upgraded (given that my huge man child was not travelling with me and I could feel guiltless in doing so!) and I had the most delicious soup in business class that I thought I could easily recreate with apologies to Luke...if he thinks it’s not up to scratch! (But I think it is...and I am hoping you do too.)
Voila...Spanish Tomato Soup, cue the Grilled Cheese sandwich (not served on the Virgin flight...but just a heads up there Luke, would have been all sorts of awesome as an accompaniment.)
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 1.5 Kilo roma tomatoes, halved
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and cut into eighths
- 2 cloves garlic or more to taste
- Pink Salt Flakes taste BUY
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- Generous drizzle Balsamic Vinegar BUY
- 2 Teaspoon Coconut - Sugar BUY
- 3 Teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
- 1 Teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1 x 400 Gram tin chick peas, drained
- fresh Italian parsley to garnish
Preheat oven to 160°C.
Prepare tomatoes, red capsicum (pepper) and garlic and place into an oven proof baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle generously with EVOO and balsamic vinegar.
Slow roast for 1 hour. Cool slightly.
Tip contents of tray into Thermomix bowl and scrape out all the sticky bits, adding to Thermomix bowl. Add sugar, paprika and cayenne and blend 30 sec/speed 10.
Add most of the chick peas reserving just a few for garnish (as per Luke!!) Blend 30 sec/speed 10.
Serve immediately garnished with reserved chick peas and fresh parsley to taste.