Thai Green Papaya Salad
Papaya? Pawpaw? They are slightly different but will both work in this salad, and really well. My husband has been growing pawpaw for some time and we finally cut one off the tree and it wasn't ripe, so what else could we do than one of these amazing salads? Not exactly green, but certainly delicious in all its unripeness!
You could also use green mango for this recipe, papaya or pawpaw as well of course and along with the snake beans, all should be widely available in Asian grocers. I have to say, delish. Just delish. Put it on your menu! Enjoy!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Red Chillie(s)
- 6 Tablespoons dried shrimp
- 100 Grams palm sugar (not coconut sugar)
- 60 Grams Limes juice
- 140 Grams Fish Sauce
- 1 Pinch Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 1 large pawpaw, julienned
- 1 Bunch snake beans or stringless beans, sliced
- 300 Grams Cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 Handful Fresh Coriander leaves
- 1 Handful Thai basil leaves
- 300 Grams Peanut roasted and roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Chilli Jam Recipe
To make the dressing, place all ingredients into the Thermomix bowl. Blend 20 sec/speed 10. Set aside.
To assemble the salad, place all ingredients in a large bowl, with the dressing and toss to combine. The salad should be dressed in advance of serving. I suggest allowing it to sit in the dressing for at least an hour as it helps to soften up both the papaya and the snake beans. YUM.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!