We finally had a cool day! And some rain…lots of it actually…so of course my culinary thoughts turned to soup! I had chorizo in my fridge (a stock standard staple at mine…love redundant alliteration as well) and so this was a natural progression. The marriage with steamed cabbage was also fuelled by what was already in my fridge, and so YUMMOLA, we had dinner. In minutes. Can’t be unhappy with that….no matter how rainy it is outside!
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 2 spanish chorizo sausages (as opposed to Mexican!!)
- 1 red onion, peeled and halved
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red paprika, deseeded (or red capsicum)
- 700 Gram water
- 2 Tablespoon chicken stock powder (For Foods Sake recipe)
- 1 Tablespoon Umami Paste Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon ground paprika
- 500 Gram potatoes, peeled and cubed into bite sized pieces
- 1 small cabbage, cut into thin wedges (enough for your family, don’t go overboard!)
- 400 Gram Tin Chick Peas or soaked and cooked equivalent BUY
Place chorizo, onion, garlic and paprika into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 6. Saute 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add all remaining ingredients other than cabbage and chick peas.
Place cabbage into Varoma dish and set into position. Cook 15 min/Varoma/Reverse/speed 1. Set Varoma aside.
Add chick peas to Thermomix bowl and cook 2 min/100ºC/Reverse/speed 1.
Place wedges of cabbage into large soup bowls and ladle soup over. Sprinkle with chopped coriander, parsley or both.
Serve. Don’t burn yourself…in your haste to get it down you….really…yummmmm!
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load