Slow Cooked Chicken Tikka Masala
Tikka Masala (specifically using chicken) is thought to have originated in Glasgow! Go figure. The Indian community there apparently riffed on butter chicken and this was the result. Pretty yummy. It is one of the most cooked dishes in the world, coming only second to stir fry. So now that we have all of that out of the way, let's get onto currying in your slow cooker. Literally curry no hurry.
Serve it with any of the dishes we love listed below.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 8 Chicken Thighs fillets, skinless
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) for frying BUY
- 1 Brown Onion peeled and halved
- 20 Grams Fresh Ginger peeled
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 40 Grams Tikka Masala Paste Recipe
- 750 Grams tomato passsata
- 50 Grams tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Sugar
- 1 Cinnamon Stick(s)
- 5 cardamon pods, crushed
- 100 Grams Cream BUY
- 1 Handful Fresh Coriander leaves to garnish.
- 1 Batch Naan Bread to serve Recipe
Brown the chicken thighs in a hot pan with just a drizzle of EVOO. Place in the Slow Cooker.
Place onion, garlic, ginger and another splash of EVOO into the Thermomix bowl and blend 5 sec/speed 6. Saute 5 min/Varoma/speed 1/MC off.
Add Tikka Masala paste, passata, tomato paste, vinegar and sugar and blend 10 sec/speed 4.
Pour this over the chicken. Throw in the spices, cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
Serve with the cream drizzled over the top, coriander leaves and of course Naan Bread.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!