One of the set of recipes developed for Lakeside Joondalup for Autumn, you will have a batch of these in the oven in no time, with or without a Thermomix on hand. I confess, slightly easier with a thermo in your kitchen, but no biggie....so get over the cup measurements, I have written the recipe with just a thermo method and standard measurements...at least until I make another batch and re-measure.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 2-3 carrots, peeled, cut in pieces
- 2 oranges, zest only finely grated
- 1 Teaspoon Pink Salt Flakes pink salt flakes BUY
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1/2 Cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Bean Paste BUY
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 3/4 Cups dark brown sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Cups SR flour
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 250 Grams cream cheese, cubed
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Bean Paste vanilla bean paste BUY
- 1 orange, zest finely grated
- 200 Grams icing sugar
- 2 Drops doTERRA Wild Orange Oil (optional) BUY
- Handful pecans, shelled plus a few more for garnish
Preheat oven to 200°C and lightly grease a 12 hole muffin tin. Alternatively, line the tin with muffin papers.
Place carrots into Thermomix bowl and grate 5 sec/speed 6.
Add all remaining wet ingredients and blend 10 sec/speed 8.
Add dry ingredients and combine 12 sec/Interval.
Bake 18-20 minutes or until inserted skewer comes out clean. Cool in tin 5 minutes before turning out onto wire rack. Cool completely before frosting.
To make icing, place all ingredients into clean, dry Thermomix bowl and blend 20 sec/speed 8.
Spread or pipe onto cooled muffins. Garnish with a pecan and a little finely grated orange zest.