One of the set of recipes developed for Lakeside Joondalup for Autumn, you will have a batch of these in the oven in no time, with or without a Thermomix on hand. I confess, slightly easier with a thermo in your kitchen, but no biggie....so get over the cup measurements, I have written the recipe with just a thermo method and standard measurements...at least until I make another batch and re-measure.
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 2-3 carrots, peeled, cut in pieces
- 2 oranges, zest only finely grated
- 1 Teaspoon Pink Salt Flakes pink salt flakes BUY
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1/2 Cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Bean Paste BUY
- 3 Tablespoons Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil BUY
- 3/4 Cups dark brown sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Cups SR flour
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 250 Grams cream cheese, cubed
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Bean Paste vanilla bean paste BUY
- 1 orange, zest finely grated
- 200 Grams icing sugar
- 2 Drops doTERRA Wild Orange Oil wild orange oil BUY
- Handful pecans, shelled plus a few more for garnish
Preheat oven to 200°C and lightly grease a 12 hole muffin tin. Alternatively, line the tin with muffin papers.
Place carrots into Thermomix bowl and grate 5 sec/speed 6.
Add all remaining wet ingredients and blend 10 sec/speed 8.
Add dry ingredients and combine 12 sec/Interval.
Bake 18-20 minutes or until inserted skewer comes out clean. Cool in tin 5 minutes before turning out onto wire rack. Cool completely before frosting.
To make icing, place all ingredients into clean, dry Thermomix bowl and blend 20 sec/speed 8.
Spread or pipe onto cooled muffins. Garnish with a pecan and a little finely grated orange zest.