This is a pretty old recipe and it does need a new pic, but we did a re-vamp on the recipe without taking a pic. #facepalm. You will get one eventually. In the meantime try this on for size. It is accidentally vegan, packed with flavour and health benefits and if you are using tinned chickpeas, can be whipped up without even thinking about it in advance. Just the sort of thing we all need in the summer months.
Enjoy....and if you happen to make it and take a better pic than this one, please send it to me ASAP.
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 150 Grams Chick Peas dried or 1 x 400g tin, drained
- Water for soaking and steaming
- 1 Handful coriander leaves and roots
- 1 Red Chillie(s) small and deseeded
- 1/2 Red Onion sliced thinly
- 100 Grams baby spinach leaves
- 3 Avocado peeled and cubed
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, diced
- 2 Pinches Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 3 limes, juice or to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) as needed BUY
Soak chick peas overnight. Drain and place into steam basket. Insert into Thermomix bowl, cover with water to 1L mark and cook 45 min/100ºC/speed 3. Drain and cool.
To make salad, place coriander and chilli into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7.
Toss with all ingredients, including chick peas and allow flavours to marinate for 30 minutes before serving.
The timing for cooking chick peas can vary based on how long you have had them in your pantry. They can easily be replaced with tinned chick peas. Obviously do not cook the chick peas if you end up using tinned ones.