Chickpea and Cashew Nut CurryMake on Drop
Originally, this appeared in my first little project after I left Thermomix in Australia, the now widely known Dinner Spinner booklet. All dinners, all delicious, and all whipped up in the shortest amount of time possible. I love this recipe as you can literally drive home after a long day at work, and hopefully not even stop at the shop for anything. If you have the basics, you can be eating this in the time that it takes to water the garden and check the kids’ homework. Happy mixing, indeed.
As the years have progressed, Dinner Spinner (the book and the app) have been absorbed by other publications and the Insider Club. This recipe also appears in The Convenient Vegetarian. My third major cookbook...can you believe it? I am on around book 18 now...if you include ebooks. CRAZY...must be the chick peas!
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 100 Grams brown onion, quartered
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 3 cloves garlic
- 5cm piece ginger, peeled
- 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon ground turmeric
- 2 Teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon ground coriander
- 400 Milliliters Coconut Milk
- 1 Pinch Pink Salt Flakes to taste BUY
- 2 x 400 Grams Chick Peas tinned, drained
- 100 Grams salted roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1 Handful Coriander leaves
- 200g steamed rice to serve
Place onion, oil, garlic, ginger, & chilli into Thermomix bowl & chop 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add spices & cook further 1/min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add coconut milk and salt and cook 7 min/100°C/Reverse/speed 2
Add chickpeas and cook 3 min/100°C/Reverse/speed soft.
Adjust seasoning to taste.
Serve with steamed rice, garnished with cashews & coriander leaves.