This is an amazingly simple recipe … and totally delicious in its simplicity. But there are also lots of toppings you could add that would compliment it beautifully, such as:
- panfried bacon or pancetta
- oven roasted tiny tomatoes with a few fresh basil leaves,
- garlic and parmesan croutons
- roasted crushed hazelnuts
- labne topped with fresh pine nut pesto
- chargrilled red peppers and / or chillies
- sour cream and homemade sweet chilli sauce
In fact, the list is endless! For a grain free version serve with spiralised zucchini, and with a lovely big fresh salad you have a wonderful meal in front of you.
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 2 small cloves garlic, peeled
- 30 g fresh basil leaves
- 60 g fresh lemon juice (zest lemon before juicing – put aside for serving if using)
- 40 g Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil olive oil BUY
- 200 g avocado flesh (approx 1 very large or two medium)
- 40 mls filtered water
- 1 tsp Pink Salt Flakes sea salt flakes BUY
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1.2 Litre water
- 20 g olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 500 g dried pasta of choice
Place garlic into TM bowl and chop for 3 sec/speed 7.
Add basil and pulse 1 sec/Turbo twice.
Add remaining sauce ingredients and mix 10 sec/speed 5.
Scrape around sides and repeat until mix is smooth.
If the mixture is too thick, add another 20mls water and repeat.
Season with salt and pepper and set aside. Do not clean bowl.
Add water, olive oil and salt to TM bowl and heat 10 mins/100ºC/speed 1.
Add pasta through hole in lid, and cook time as per packet directions/100ºC/Reverse/speed soft.
Drain pasta and put into a mixing bowl. Top with avocado sauce and stir through.
Serve topped with grated lemon zest or other topping of choice.