Fruity Chicken Salad with Minted Orange DressingMake on Drop
I do love a salad that is actually a meal and this is one of those salads. The dressing should really be it’s own recipe. It is that good. I suggest you make extra and use it up the next day. This recipe appears in the Merry Christmix franchise, never ask me which one cos I just cannot keep up, but go get it here at an all time low price.
Don’t be afraid of the the fruit...you’ll be amazed how good it is.
You have been warned.
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 1 batch Minted Orange Dressing (see below)
- 100 Grams grain of choice (rice, pasta, quinoa, faro, wheat, couscous)
- 1 L water
- 500 Grams Chicken thigh fillet, cubed
- 200 Grams salad greens of choice
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 mangoes, diced
- 2 Avocado diced
- 250 Grams strawberries, sliced
- Handful salted macadamia nuts
- Extra mint leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small red chilli
- Zest 1 lemon, finely grated
- Zest 2 oranges, finely grated
- Juice 1 lemon
- Juice 2 oranges
- 100 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 40 Grams fish sauce
- 40 Grams Coconut Sugar
- Generous handful mint leaves
- Generous handful coriander leaves
- Dash of rice wine vinegar
Place all dressing ingredients into Thermomix bowl and blend 30 sec/speed 10.
Store in fridge until use.
Place grain of choice into simmering basket. Cover with water. Steam 8 min/Varoma/speed 3.
Place chicken into Varoma dish and tray and set into position. Steam 8 min/Varoma/speed 3.
Drain the grain and place into a small bowl with a little of the dressing to infuse.
Place salad greens onto large serving platter, top with spring onions, mangoes, avocados, strawberries and the dressed grain. Top with chicken pieces, and then drizzle with remaining dressing. Garnish with nuts and mints leaves. Serve warm or cold.
This salad can easily be scaled up or down. Increase cooking time on grain or chicken as needed. The maximum diced chicken that will cook in the Varoma dish and tray is approximately 1.2KG.