Fruity Harvest SaladMake on Drop
Well I have always been fruity, just ask my kids! They barely cope with the idea of fruit in something savoury, but we persist and then suddenly my daughter announces that this is her favorite salad of all…I personally LOVE the nectarines. Roasted, sticky, with a few grains of salt, there is nothing quite like them. This is lovely served with a roast pork. The fruit replaces the need for apple sauce and lifts the family roast to a whole new level. Enjoy :)
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control will get your pantry and fridge in order this February! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
- 4 beetroot, peeled and quartered
- 3 large spanish onions, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- 3 large pears, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 large nectarines, cut into wedges
- 50 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Pink Salt Flakes and freshly ground black pepper to taste BUY
- 4 - 6 Handfuls mixed salad leaves
- 150 Grams toasted pecans or walnuts
- 200 Grams wheel of triple cream brie
- 1 Batch Hey Pesto Recipe
- 80 Grams Fresh Lemon Juice
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) as needed BUY
Preheat oven to fan forced 220 degrees Celcius.
Place cut up beetroot and onions in lined shallow roasting dish.
In separate dish place pears and nectarines. Divide sugar, vinegar and oil evenly between the dishes and toss through gently.
Roast for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender and all liquid is almost evaporated. (The pears or nectarines do not need as much time as the beetroot and onions, so roasting them for 30 minutes should suffice.)
Cool veggies and fruit separately to preserve colours.
Assemble salad by tossing dressing through the greens.
Top with roasted beets, onions, fruit, the nuts and sliced cheese.
Place all ingredients into Thermomix bowl and blend for 10 sec/speed 4.
Toss gently and drizzle with dressing.
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load