We have had this twice now...it is that good. Just perfect for these colder days and nights at the moment. With or without the eggs on top. I did find the egg added a creaminess to the soup and brought the heat down a bit, as does the kimchi. Don't be shy with the amount of kimchi you use. The acidity or sourness of the kimchi will really compliment the heat and help you get through it with less difficulty. It is quite hot, which we only discovered on the second time around when we didn't have enough kimchi to go around and left the eggs out!
You have been warned. But oodles of flavour. My mouth is watering as I write this just remembering. Plenty of deep, spicy, umami notes.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 3 spring onions roughly chopped
- 1 Brown Onion peeled and quartered
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Capsicum/Pepper red, roughly chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Red Chilli Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon chilli powder
- 50 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 200 Grams dry green lentils, rinsed
- 2 Teaspoons Raw Caster Sugar BUY
- 100 Grams spinach leaves
- 200 Grams cubed pumpkin
- 2 celery stalks
- 1.2 Litre vegetable stock
- 1 Teaspoon Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 4 poached eggs, served on top of soup (optional)
- Plenty of Kimchi to serve. Recipe
Place spring onions, onion, garlic, capsicum, chilli flakes, chilli powder EVOO into the Thermomix bowl. Chop 3 sec/speed 6. Sauté 7 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add lentils, sugar, spinach, pumpkin, celery, stock and salt. Cook 30 min/100°C/reverse/speed soft.
Serve with poached egg and Kimchi to taste.