Lentil Salad with Mint, Beetroot & FetaMake on Drop
The little jewels of roasted beetroot in this salad are such a sweet surprise, you will just love it. There are so many combinations of beetroot with mint and feta, I think I may have at least three on tenina.com alone, but this recipe is brand new and totally addictive. Enjoy.
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 150 Grams French lentils
- Water for steaming
- 1 large beetroot or 2 small
- Balsamic Vinegar for drizzling
- 2 pinches Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 80 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Teaspoon seeded mustard
- 50 Grams red wine vinegar
- 50 Grams rice wine vinegar
- Handfuls fresh mint leaves
- 200 Grams grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red or yellow capsicum, diced
- 2 spring onions, sliced on the angle
- 100 Grams feta cheese, crumbled
Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with paper.
Place lentils into steamer basket, insert into Thermomix bowl and pour water over to the level of the base of the basket.
Steam 35 min/100°C/speed 3.5.
Remove lentils and cool. Drain Thermomix bowl.
Prepare beetroot by peeling and dicing into 1 cm cubes. Place onto prepared tray and drizzle with balsamic vinegar, sprinkle with 1 pinch salt and drizzle with the extra EVOO. Roast 25 minutes, remove and cool. (If the beetroot is not cooked, add cooking time, or cut the pieces smaller next time!)
Place salt, EVOO, garlic, mustard, and both remaining vinegars into Thermomix bowl and blend 10 sec/speed 10 to make a dressing.
Combine all remaining ingredients except feta in serving bowl and toss gently. Add feta, and drizzle with dressing just prior to serving.
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load