There is nothing I love more than a fruit tart. They look beautiful, they taste amazing and I feel like I am channeling my inner pastry chef when it is made and in front of me. This recipe would make stunning individual tartlets, if you have the tins.
It does use the amazing Strawberry Vanilla Jam that everyone loves to love and of course my beloved Heilala vanilla. Limes courtesy of my sisters amazing tree, you could use lemons, but try lime first!
Happy Baking but more importantly, happy eating!
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 160 Grams Bakers or Strong Flour BUY
- 70 Grams Almonds toasted BUY
- 80 Grams Ten Times sugar (icing sugar) or purchased icing sugar Recipe
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract BUY
- 160 Grams Unsalted Butter cold and cubed BUY
- A little cold water
- 1 lime, zest finely grated
- 150 Grams Chocolate white callets BUY
- 150 Grams fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons Great Lakes Gelatin BUY
- 120 + 300 Grams Cream BUY
- 2 Tablespoons Raw Caster Sugar BUY
- 100 Grams Sour Cream or Greek yoghurt
- 1-2 Punnets Strawberries for topping
- 100 Grams Strawberry Vanilla Jam Recipe
Place all ingredients except butter and water into Thermomix bowl and blend 6 sec/speed 6 until the mix resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
Add butter and blend 6 sec/speed 6 or until pastry comes together. Add cold water if necessary.
Press into greased 23cm tart dish or flan tin with removable base and smooth up the sides. The mix should be quite soft.
Freeze for 30 minutes or until solid. Blind bake in pre-heated 180°C oven for 30 minutes until crust is cooked, golden and crisp. Set aside to cool completely.
Place lime zest and chocolate into Thermomix bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 9.
Add first amount of cream and melt 2 min/60°C/speed 1.
Meanwhile place gelatine on top of lime juice in separate bowl and stir. Allow to soften.
Add gelatine mix to Thermomix bowl and blend 5 sec/speed 8. Pour into separate bowl and allow to cool completely.
In clean dry bowl, use Butterfly attachment to whip second amount of cream with caster sugar and sour cream.
Add lime mixture into Thermomix bowl and incorporate speed 4-5 with the help of the spatula if necessary. Pour into cooked tart shell and set for several hours.
Garnish with sliced strawberries then brush completely with heated strawberry jam.