Passionfruit Broth with Tropical Fruit Salad
I love this recipe. It is summer in a bowl but a little bit special due to the addition of the creme catalan, which to be honest you can totally leave out. I first had this dish at Mozaic Restaurant in Bali and it is sensational. Go ahead...think thinner! Think dessert and food positivity in spades. Welcome to a new decade!
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 60 Grams Fresh Ginger
- 40 Grams Galangal
- 30 Grams Fresh Turmeric
- Few strips orange zest
- Few strips lime zest
- 1 Vanilla Bean split in half BUY
- 750 Grams water
- 120 Grams Raw Caster Sugar BUY
- 350 Grams passionfruit pulp without seeds (fresh or frozen)
- 350 Grams passionfruit pulp with seeds (fresh, tinned or frozen)
The Fruit Salad
- 2-4 star fruit cut into pieces
- 1 banana, cut into slices and dipped in lime juice
- 2-4 pink guava, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 2-4 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
Place ginger, galangal, and turmeric into the Thermomix bowl and chop 4 sec/speed 5.
Add remaining ingredients except passionfruit pulps. Cook 6 min/90°C/speed soft. Allow to cool in bowl before straining.
Return chilled strained liquid to the Thermomix bowl and add seedless pulp. Blend 10 sec/speed 10.
Add seeded pulp and stir through 10 sec/speed 3.
Place into flat dish and partially freeze.
Serve semi frozen with tropical fruits salad and the Spiced Crème Catalan.
Make the fruit salad by preparing fruits as directed. If you cannot source the guava, you can replace them with extra fruit of choice.
Serve with or without the Spiced Creme Catalan.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!