Raw Soup? Isn’t that just a green smoothie? NOPE. Seriously, if you are not into raw food, at least give this one a whirl and worst case scenario if you can't do a cold soup, use it as a salad dressing. It is DIVINE...if I say so myself (oh, and don't scrimp on the blending. It is completely necessary). I am all about the flavour and texture when it comes to something I am swallowing, and I have gagged on some ‘drinks’ from a thermomix before now...but this soup is silky, smooth and completely amazing. But don’t take my word for it. Start your engines....
(And a bit of good news, this recipe appears in Souperbowl the ebook, shortly to become Souperbowl the Realbook, so watch this space!!)
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 400 g fresh carrot juice (pulp free)
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and peeled
- 100 g Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 1 Handful rocket leaves
- 1 Handful coriander leaves
- 65 g Nama Shoyu (unpasteurised soy sauce)
- 2 eschalots
- 2 spring onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 small chilli (optional)
- 2 medjool dates
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- Few chopped mint leaves to garnish
Place all ingredients into Thermomix bowl and blend 2 min/speed 8.
Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat 1 min/speed 8.
Chill for at least an hour prior to serving garnished with chopped mint leaves.