Raw Soup? Isn’t that just a green smoothie? NOPE. Seriously, if you are not into raw food, at least give this one a whirl and worst case scenario if you can't do a cold soup, use it as a salad dressing. It is DIVINE...if I say so myself (oh, and don't scrimp on the blending. It is completely necessary). I am all about the flavour and texture when it comes to something I am swallowing, and I have gagged on some ‘drinks’ from a thermomix before now...but this soup is silky, smooth and completely amazing. But don’t take my word for it. Start your engines....
(And a bit of good news, this recipe appears in Souperbowl the ebook, shortly to become Souperbowl the Realbook, so watch this space!!)
- 400 g fresh carrot juice (pulp free)
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and peeled
- 100 g EVOO
- Small handful rocket leaves
- Small handful coriander leaves
- 65 g Nama Shoyu (unpasteurised soy sauce)
- 2 eschalots
- 2 spring onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- Juice 1 lime
- 1 small chilli (optional)
- 2 medjool dates
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- Few chopped mint leaves to garnish
Place all ingredients into TM bowl and blend 2 min/speed 8.
Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat 1 min/speed 8.
Chill for at least an hour prior to serving garnished with chopped mint leaves.