Raw food always meant salad or veggies or at a stretch beef tartare or ceviche. So when I was asked ( a long time ago now) to create a raw food class and booklet for Thermomix Australia I was on a steep learning curve. However I soon got comfortable with all the principles of raw food and this is just one creation that is not at all low calorie, but completely delicious and decadent whilst adhering to the raw foodie rules. Have only a small piece. If you can. They are good!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 40 Grams Cacao Butter
- 60 Grams pitted Medjool dates
- 130 Grams Shelled Hazelnut(s)
- 50 Grams Shredded Coconut BUY
- 100 Grams pitted Medjool dates
- 160 Grams Raw Macadamias BUY
- 160 Grams Shelled Hazelnut(s)
- 50 Grams Cacao Powder BUY
- 80 Grams Coconut Oil BUY
- 80 Grams Cacao Butter
- 30 Grams Pure Maple Syrup pear or date syrup
- Good Pinches Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- Additional chopped nuts of choice or shredded coconut for garnish
Place all base ingredients into Thermomix bowl and chop 20 sec/speed 7. Press into 20cm square baking tin that has been lined with baking paper. Place into freezer.
Make the topping by placing dates into Thermomix bowl and chopping 10 sec/speed 7.
Add remaining ingredients except garnish nuts and blend 2 min/speed 9 until smooth and creamy. Pour onto base, sprinkle with chopped nuts and refrigerate until firm.
Cut into slices or squares to serve.