Roasted Carrot and Haloumi Salad
Haloumi can be quite tricky at the best of times but enter the airfryer and it suddenly became very simple and easy! We are loving the airfryer in the test kitchen and you will see more recipes show up here over time. I think an airfryer is the perfect camping accessory as long as you have power. Not that I am a camper any longer, those days are over thank goodness! (Five star all the way for me baby!)
This salad is pretty, delish and pretty delish! You could roast any other veg to go into this salad of your choosing.
Happy salad days.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 100 Grams red quinoa
- 1 Litre water, for steaming
- 1 bunch of dutch carrots, peeled
- 1 yellow capsicum, cut into large pieces
- 1 red capsicum, cut into large pieces
- 1 Red Onion sliced into wedges
- EVOO as needed
- 2 Pinches Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 250 Grams Haloumi, cut in large cubes
- 1 Lemon juice
- 2 Teaspoons chilli jam
- 2 Teaspoons Honey
- 2 Handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 1 Handful Fresh Mint leaves
- 1 Handful parsley
- 1/4 purple cabbage, sliced thinly
- 2 Tablespoons toasted seeds and nuts. We used linseed, sunflower seeds, pine nuts and slivered almonds
Place the quinoa into the basket and place into the Thermomix. Pour over 1 litre of water. Cook 19 min/100°C/speed 3. Set aside.
Preheat the Air Fryer to 200°C. Toss the carrot, capsicum and onion in EVOO and season with salt. Cook in an even layer in the Air Fryer for 12-15 minutes. Do this in batches until they are all cooked.
Coat the Haloumi with EVOO and and pinch of salt. Place on a piece of baking paper into the hot Air Fryer, in an even layer and cook for 5-6 minutes.
Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Add a little to the quinoa and stir through.
To assemble salad, place spinach leaves on to a large plate. Top with cabbage, mint, parsley, quinoa, cooked vegetables, haloumi, seeds and nuts. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!