Gina really is our queen of baking and this cake is no exception. Make sure you check out all of her recipes on this site as well as visiting her on her own website The Passionate Pantry.
The combo of rice bran syrup, which really is very tasteless with the black strap molasses has created not only an amazing texture, but a fantastic colour and taste (or course) Thanks Geens, you did it again!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 60 Grams crystallised ginger
- 200 Milliliters light olive oil
- 200 Milliliters sour cream
- 160 Milliliters buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 150 Grams light muscovado sugar (or brown sugar)
- 75 Grams Rice Malt Syrup or rice bran syrup BUY
- 75 Grams blackstrap molasses
- 400 Grams plain spelt flour (or plain flour)
- 2 Teaspoons bicarb soda
- 1 Teaspoon Pink Salt Flakes pink salt flakes BUY
- 3 Teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 Teaspoon ground allspice
Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line large loaf tin (25cm x 9.5cm) with baking paper.
Place crystallised ginger into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7.
Scrape down sides of bowl. Add oil, sour cream, buttermilk, eggs, sugar, rice bran syrup and molasses and mix 4 sec/speed 4. Scrape sides and base of bowl. Mix 4 sec/speed 4.
Add flour, bicarb soda, salt and spices and mix 20 sec/Interval. Scrape around top of bowl and repeat 20 sec/Interval.
Pour batter into loaf pan, level out the top, then bake for 50-60 minutes or until a cake skewer comes out clean.
Let cool in pan for 15 minutes before transferring to a cake rack to cool completely.
Serve dusted with icing sugar, cream cheese frosting or with a simple lemon juice and icing sugar glaze.
Keeps well for a few day.