Spicy Thai Beef CurryMake on Drop
Simple in the extreme; this curry is amazing. I needed more beef in my diet…lots going on right now. (Seriously, you have NO idea!) I really needed to have something hot and spicy, and well, beefy. (Just ask my husband!)
I hope you are all proud owners of the new e-book that is available for all and sundry NOW in a store near you. Apart from that, I took off on a fantastic ForumThermomix Fest weekend down to Gracetown in Western Australia, and am currently doing my Dairy Judge duty. And without precedence, Crio Bru has gone completely insane…never been busier. The Good, The Bad and no Ugly.
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 2 Teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 Teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 Teaspoon cardamon seeds
- 1 Piece Star anise
- 1 Pinch Pink Salt Flakes Pink salt flakes BUY
- 3 large dried Chillies - Red soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes
- 1 Handful coriander roots (keep leaves for curry)
- 1 red onion, halved
- 6-8 cloves of garlic
- 1 Piece galangal (thumb sized) or young ginger
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, white part only
- A little of the water from soaking the chillies
- 1300 Gram gravy beef, cubed
- 400 Milliliter Coconut - Cream Recipe
- 50 Gram fish sauce
- 50 Gram Coconut - Sugar
- 50 Gram roasted and salted crushed peanuts plus some more for garnish
- Coriander leaves from paste, reserve some for garnish
- Coconut - Cream to serve Recipe
- Lime juice to taste
To make curry powder place all ingredients except salt into a hot fry pan and dry roast for a few minutes on Induction 6 until fragrant. Cool slightly before placing into Thermomix bowl with salt and milling 20 sec/speed 10.
Add all curry paste ingredients and chop 6 sec/speed 6. Saute 10 min/Varoma(120ºC)/speed 2. Blend 30 sec/speed 6, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl as necessary.
To make curry, place all ingredients except garnishes into Thermomix bowl and cook 45 min/100ºC/Reverse/speed 1.
Serve over rice with lime wedges, coriander leaves and remaining crushed peanuts.
I mean, it’s really that simple…isn’t it?