If you haven't steamed chicken in your Thermomix, this summer is the time to start. You get the most amazing tender results and they are stunning for all sorts of salads. For best results, slice each chicken breast into 4 pieces and place into Varoma dish and tray. Place boiling water into Thermomix bowl and set Varoma into position. Cook for approximately 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 4 steamed chicken breasts
- 500 g red seedless grapes
- 2 - 3 stems of celery, cut on an angle
- Generous Handful walnuts, toasted
- 2 tsp fresh tarragon or chervil if available
- Handful Rocket per serving
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 40 g Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil EVOO BUY
- 40 g rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Pink Salt Flakes pink salt flakes BUY
- 1 tsp sugar
- Dollop of sour cream
- Dollop of cranberry jelly Spiced Orange And Cranberry Sauce
- Several grinds of pepper
Place all ingredients into the Thermo bowl and blend 10 sec/speed 8. Dressing will keep chilled for several days.
When ready to serve, mix with other ingredients. Can add rocket and avocado as desired to extend.
To shred steamed chicken, leave a little dressing in the bowl after making it, place cooked chicken breast into bowl and shred 4 sec/Reverse/speed 4. Arrange over top of salad and drizzle with additional dressing.
Dollop each salad with sour cream and cranberry jelly to just push this over the top!