Brown Rice Herb and Fennel Salad
Brown rice adds so many great qualities to a salad. In fact, this recipe idea started with white rice but I had run out and so subbed in brown. Luckily, it has a nuttiness and a slightly chewy texture that is just delicious. We paired it with Jerk Chicken and lemon wedges but you can serve it with just about anything requiring a fragrant side dish. Dinner is served!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 200 Grams brown rice, rinsed
- 600 Grams water for steaming
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1/4 ed onion, thinly sliced
- 3 limes, juice only
- Handfuls pecans, roughly chopped
- 60 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- Handfuls fresh mint leaves
- Handfuls fresh coriander leaves
- 100 Grams fresh or frozen peas, shelled
- Pink Salt Flakes and pepper, to taste BUY
Place rice into simmering basket and insert into the Thermomix bowl. Pour water over and steam 35 minutes/100°C/speed 3. Allow to cool.
Meanwhile place the sliced fennel and onion into a large bowl with half of the lime juice and toss gently. Allow to marinate.
Toast the pecans in a frying pan with the oil on a medium heat for around 10 minutes until well toasted and fragrant. Set aside.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and add the remaining juice. Season to taste. Serve warm or cold, on its own or as an accompaniment to just about anything.
This is one of our amazing Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!