Chicken and Corn Soup
Nothing quite beats a steaming bowl of nutritious soup. Simplicity in the extreme, but heart warming and so good for you. Chicken Soup for the body and soul! This is not your mum’s Chicken Soup, though I am pretty sure I have a recipe for that floating around here somewhere, but a delicious Asian style version of Chicken soup...to make all ills disappear. Warming. Get on to it and feel better...if you need that!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 2 onions, halved
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 2 Chicken breast fillet, cut in pieces
- Enough water to reach 2L mark in TM bowl
- 20 Grams Shaoxing wine
- 3-4 Tablespoons Chicken Stock Powder Recipe
- 50 Grams ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon corn flour
- Pink Salt Flakes to taste BUY
- White pepper to taste
- 2 Teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1-2 corn cobs, kernels only
- 1 Bunch spring onions/shallots, including green ends
Place onions and EVOO into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 6.
Sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add chicken, water, wine, Chicken Stock Powder and ginger and poach chicken 20 min/90°C/Reverse/speed soft.
Cool slightly and strain liquid and set aside.
Return chicken and ginger to the Thermomix bowl and shred 4 sec/Reverse/speed 4. Remove from bowl and set aside.
Return liquid to the Thermomix bowl with eggs and cornflour. Blend 10 sec/speed 7. Adjust seasoning to taste and add sesame oil and corn to the Thermomix bowl. Heat 2 min/100°C/Reverse/speed 2.
Divide shredded chicken between 4-6 bowls and serve soup over the top immediately. Garnish with loads of the sliced spring onions.
This is one of our amazing Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!