Mexican Meatball SoupMake on Fresco
There isn't much that I like better than a good bowl of fragrant hot Mexican-ness. Is that a word? It is now. Think all the flavours you know and love with the goodness of soup and rice and of course cheese and salad, and coriander...oh yum. Mouth watering. Seriously. Do yourself a flavour.
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Are you on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest? Never miss another thing in the test kitchen when you follow us.
Please join our mailing list HERE to have recipe updates delivered to your inbox weekly and don't forget we are on YouTube.
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control sort out your pantry and fridge and is ready for your shelfies now! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 3 brown onions, quartered
- 1/2 red chilli
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 300 - 350 Grams red pepper/capsicum
- 40 Grams Umami Paste Recipe
- 2 bay leaves
- 500 Grams water or liquid stock of choice
- 2 x 400g Tins diced tomatoes
- 100 Grams Chunky Tomato Salsa Recipe
- 1 Teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 Teaspoon pink salt flakes or to taste BUY
- 3 - 4 cloves of garlic
- 40 Grams onion
- 1/2 red chilli (that would be the other half)
- 600 Grams beef fillet, cubed
- 300 Grams pork fillet, cubed
- 60 Grams yellow polenta
- 30 Grams whole milk
- 1 egg, large
- 1 Teaspoon pink salt flakes BUY
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Picante Spice mix Recipe
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- grated cheese of choice
- 1 Handful fresh coriander or cilantro chopped
- 100 Grams sour cream
- 1-2 Avocado diced
- 2 limes, quartered to serve
- 200 Grams steamed rice
Make meatballs first; Preheat oven to 200ºC and line a large tray with baking paper.
Place garlic, onion and chilli into Thermomix bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of bowl and add remaining meatball ingredients.
Mince 10 sec/Reverse/speed 8-9 until desired consistency is reached. You may need to assist the process with the spatula.
Form walnut sized meatballs and arrange on tray. Bake for 20 minutes until well browned and fragrant.
Meanwhile, without cleaning the bowl, make the soup;
Place EVOO, onions, chilli and garlic into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 6. Saute 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add remaining ingredients to Thermomix bowl and cook 16 min/100ºC/speed 1.
Serve over steamed rice and meatballs, topped with cheese, coriander, avocado, sour cream and a dash of lime juice.
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load