Soup season is upon us (has been here for a while now in our house!) This soup was one of the recipes used in the recent crazy successful Thai Thai Again classes. We may do a couple more in Perth yet…so hang in there…you may get the chance to see the whole menu.
What I love about this soup is that you can add lots of fresh veggies at the end and make it stretch to feed the whole family plus some. Add whatever you like, but great additions are bean sprouts, pickled carrots and radish, fresh herbs, spring onions, cabbage etc. Another great addition would be some of those fresh rice noodles we also did in the class, but that is another post!
- 3 - 4 tbsp Yellow Curry Paste (For Food's Sake; p7)
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, white part only
- 20 g ginger, fresh
- 1 Handful coriander, roots including
- 2 - 3 eschalots
- 400 mls tin of coconut cream
- 500 g water
- 3 tbsp Chicken stock powder (For Food's Sake; p25)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 30 g Coconut - Sugar organic coconut palm sugar BUY
- 2 chicken breast fillets, diced (500g max)
- 1 Handful julienned carrots and white radishes (pickled from Asian supermarkets)
- 2 spring onions/ shallots, sliced on an angle
- 1 Handful bean sprouts or to taste
- Additional fish or soy sauce to taste
- Lime wedges to serve
Place Yellow Curry Paste, lemongrass, ginger, coriander roots and eschalots into Thermo bowl. Chop 3 sec/speed 5. Sauté* 5 min/Varoma/speed 2.*
Add palm sugar, coconut cream, water, Chicken Stock Powder, fish sauce and lime leaves. Cook 10 min/100°C/speed 2.
Add chicken. Cook 5 min/100°C/Reverse/speed 2.Serve over remaining ingredients in large soup bowls.
Serve immediately with lime wedges. Garnish with the coriander leaves, spring onions and bean sprouts, and a little fish or soy sauce if needed.