Curried Coconut Chicken SoupMake on Drop
Soup season is upon us (has been here for a while now in our house!) This soup was one of the recipes used in the recent crazy successful Thai Thai Again classes. We may do a couple more in Perth yet…so hang in there…you may get the chance to see the whole menu.
What I love about this soup is that you can add lots of fresh veggies at the end and make it stretch to feed the whole family plus some. Add whatever you like, but great additions are bean sprouts, pickled carrots and radish, fresh herbs, spring onions, cabbage etc. Another great addition would be some of those fresh rice noodles we also did in the class, but that is another post!
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 3 - 4 Tablespoons Yellow Curry Paste Recipe
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, white part only
- 20 Grams ginger, fresh
- 1 Handful coriander, roots including
- 2 - 3 eschalots
- 400 Milliliters Coconut Cream Recipe
- 500 Grams water
- 3 Tablespoons Chicken Stock Powder Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 30 Grams Coconut Sugar
- 2 chicken breast fillets, diced (500g max)
- 5-10 Tablespoons Carrot and Daikon Pickle Recipe
- 2 spring onions/ shallots, sliced on an angle
- 1 Handful bean sprouts or to taste
- Kecap manis to garnish
- Lime wedges to serve
Place Yellow Curry Paste, lemongrass, ginger, coriander roots and eschalots into Thermomix bowl. Chop 3 sec/speed 5. Sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 2.
Add coconut sugar, coconut cream, water, Chicken Stock Powder, fish sauce and lime leaves. Cook 10 min/100°C/speed 2.
Add chicken. Cook 5 min/100°C/Reverse/speed 2.Serve over remaining ingredients in large soup bowls.
Serve immediately with lime wedges. Garnish with the coriander leaves, spring onions and bean sprouts, and a little fish or soy sauce if needed.