Chicken Hot Pot with Dumplings
A slow cooker is a wonderful thing isn't it? Just set and forget. I love this recipe. The hot pot base is just as good underneath pastry or with heaps of mash on top. But the dumplings are very comforting and super simple to make. So get your slow cooker out, you know you want to!
You will be smelling this all day and it will entice everyone to have another serve. (So go ahead and double all of it, very easy to do if you have a large enough slow cooker!)
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 40 Grams Parmesan cubed
- 1 Handful Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1 Lemon zest only
- 45 Grams yellow polenta
- 120 Grams Bakers or Strong Flour BUY
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Pinch Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 45 Grams Butter cubed BUY
- 45 Grams milk
The Hot Pot
- 45 Grams Butter BUY
- 45 Grams Bakers or Strong Flour BUY
- 1 Leek roughly chopped
- 700 Grams carrots, peeled and cut into thick slices
- 4 stalks of celery, sliced
- 2 fresh corn cobs, kernels only
- 250 Grams Swiss Brown Mushroom(s) sliced
- 500 Milliliters water
- 500 Milliliters white wine
- 4 Tablespoons Chicken Stock Powder Recipe
- 1.5 Kilo Chicken Thighs cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 Tablespoons Yellow Mustard Recipe
- 3 Bay Leaf fresh or dried
- 1 Handful Fresh Oregano
- dash of cream (optional)
- More Flat Leaf Parsley chopped for garnish
To make the Dumplings place parmesan, parsley, lemon zest and polenta into the Thermomix bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10.
Add flour, baking powder, salt and butter and blend 6 sec/speed 6.
Add milk and knead 20 sec/Interval. Roll dumplings into walnut sized balls and place in a container. Cover and refrigerate.
Without cleaning the bowl, start making the Hot Pot by placing butter, flour and leek into the Thermomix bowl. Chop 5 sec/speed 5.
Sauté 8 min/Varoma/speed 1. Tip out into the slow cooker.
Place the water into the Thermomix bowl and blend 10 sec/speed 10 to get all the residue off the bowl. Add this to the slow cooker along with all the remaining ingredients except for the seasoning, cream and parsley. The dumplings do not need to be added yet.
Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Add the dumplings, pushing them just beneath the surface of the hot liquid. Cook for 1 hour. You can add these in sooner if you wish, just allow 1 hour to fully cook them. They should be light and airy with loads of saucy goodness on the outside.
Taste and adjust seasoning. Add the cream, if using and stir through. Serve in large bowls with plenty of parsley on top.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!