I love a salad that can do duty as the entire meal, no fuss, less mess and this one is so easy you can make it all in advance and just assemble on demand. We love the colours, the taste and the bite.
The dressing itself can go with all sorts of cold meats and salads…don’t limit yourself to using it for this recipe only. Think fish as well, though use a little less dressing or you will literally taste nothing else. (I do like the strong flavours of coriander/cilantro, mint and chilli, but they can drown out a delicate fish, so approach with caution!)
You could skip the whole steaming the chicken breast bit and use a BBQ chicken from your local to make this meal even easier and cooler to prepare!
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 70 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 1 orange, juice only
- 2 limes or lemons, juice
- 3 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 1 Red Chillie(s) small red (de-seeded if desired)
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Sugar
- Pink Salt Flakes and black pepper to taste BUY
- 1 Handful Fresh Coriander leaves and stalks
- 1 Handful Fresh Mint leaves
- 1-2 large avocado, chopped roughly
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 4 Handfuls mixed salad greens of choice
- 1/2 Red Onion finely sliced
- 1/4 red cabbage, shredded
- 2 oranges, zested coarsely over greens, then peeled and segmented
- Additional avocado to taste
Place all dressing ingredients except avocado into Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 sec/speed 6.
Taste and add more citrus juice if required.
Taste and blend, taste and blend until happy with result.
Pour over chopped avocado and refrigerate up to 2 hours.
Put oil in fry pan and sear chicken breasts briefly on a medium high heat.
Place chicken into paper lined Varoma dish.
Place 500g of water into Thermomix bowl and set Varoma into position. Steam for 20-25 min/Varoma/speed 3 until breasts are cooked through. Cool and slice chicken.
Gently toss remaining salad ingredients.
Place sliced chicken on top of salad and pour dressing over.