OK, I know the last post was a wintery soup option...and this is your summery salad option...but the sun was shining today and citrus is fantastic at this time of year!
The dressing itself can go with all sorts of cold meats and salads…don’t limit yourself to using it for this recipe only. Think fish as well, though use a little less dressing or you will literally taste nothing else. (I do like the strong flavours of coriander/cilantro, mint and chilli, but they can drown out a delicate fish, so approach with caution!)
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 70 - 80 Gram Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil EVOO (optional) BUY
- 1 orange, juice
- 2 limes or lemons, juice
- 3 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 small red chilli (de-seeded if desired)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Handful coriander
- 1 Handful mint leaves
- 1 large avocado, chopped rustically
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 8 Handful mixed salad greens
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 red cabbage, shredded
- 3 oranges, zested coarsely over greens, then peeled and segmented
- Additional avocado to taste
- Asparagus spears, at least 2 per person
Place all dressing ingredients except avocado into Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 sec/speed 6.
Taste and add more citrus juice if required.
Taste and blend, taste and blend until happy with result.
Pour over chopped avocado and refrigerate up to 12 hours.
Put oil in fry pan and sear chicken breasts briefly on Induction 9+.
Place chicken into Varoma dish and place asparagus spears onto Varoma tray.
Place 1L of water into Thermomix bowl and set Varoma into position. Steam for 20-25 min/Varoma/speed 3 until breasts are cooked through.
Remove asparagus early, once bright green and set aside.
Gently toss remaining salad ingredients.
Place sliced chicken and asparagus on top of salad and pour dressing over.