This is one of those recipes where I had a few ingredients, I had the vegan part of the family coming over (don’t worry, they had the ones without the sour cream and aioli) and I needed to fill up a lot of people. Voila. Or should I say Arriba! I think it is really a great base for so many flavoursome ideas. Watch out for my butter chicken sweet potato skins coming soon! (Kidding...but doesn’t that sound good?)
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 1/2 orange sweet potato per serving
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) as needed BUY
- 1 Batch Guacomole Recipe
- 1 punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tin Beans - Black or kidney beans, drained BUY
- Sour cream to garnish
- 1 Tablespoon Jalapeno and Lime Aioli per serving Recipe
- Handful coriander leaves, chopped
- red chillies, sliced to garnish
Preheat oven to 200°C and line a large baking tray with paper.
Without peeling, slice the sweet potatoes into thick slices lengthways. Place onto the tray. Drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle with salt.
Bake until tender, around 10-15 minutes.
Remove from oven and place straight onto a serving plate.
Top with plenty of fresh Guacamole, tomatoes, beans, sour cream and aioli.
Garnish with coriander/cilantro and sliced red chillies.
Serve as a side or as a vegetarian main.