The "heat" for this sauce can be controlled by the amount of chilli you use, and if you decide to include the seeds. I suggest you use 4 chillies the first time you make it, and if you find you like it hotter, use 6 next time. Personally, I always include the seeds … very tasty!
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 4-6 long Red Chillie(s) (or to taste, halved and deseeded if preferred)
- 120 Grams filtered water
- 60 Grams white or rice wine vinegar
- 60 Grams rapadura, raw or coconut sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon turmeric powder
- 50 Grams pitted dried dates or natural sultanas
- 20 Grams fresh peeled ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Pink Salt Flakes pink salt flakes BUY
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 Teaspoon cornflour
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
Place all ingredients except cornflour and fish sauce into Thermomix bowl and puree 20 sec/speed 8.
Scrape sides of bowl (beware of chilli fumes) and cook 12 min/90ºC/speed 1.
Add cornflour and cook 3 min/90ºC/speed 1.
Add fish sauce and mix 5 sec/speed 3.
Pour sauce into clean glass bottle and cool before sealing and storing in the fridge.
This sauce can create strong vapours while cooking, so it is recommended the cooking area be well ventilated by opening a window or turning on an extraction fan.