Ginger and Turmeric Jelly Gummies
We love making immunity supporting and boosting foods with our Thermie. These are more of a sore throat remedy, and they will soothe tummies as well. They are hard to resist however, as they are a bit like a butter menthol on crack...hahaha. But softer. They slide right down. I think the kids will even like them as well.
Turmeric is seriously an amazing ingredient, it tastes great, it is vibrant in colour, it is very versatile in food, and it has so many health giving properties that I feel I must list a few right here!
- Natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns
- Combined with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer
- May prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to die
- Natural liver detoxifier
- May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease by removing plaque buildup in the brain
- May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer
- May aid in fat metabolism and help in weight management
- Used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression
- Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it is a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Lastly you should always use black pepper in some form with turmeric to make it bioavailable for your body to use more effectively
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 150 Grams Fresh Lemon Juice
- 150 Grams water
- 80 Grams Honey BUY
- 6 Teaspoons Great Lakes Gelatin BUY
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 2 Drops doTERRA Oils Ginger Oil BUY
- 1 Drop doTERRA Oils Turmeric Oil BUY
- 6 Drops doTERRA lemon oil BUY
- 1 Drop doTERRA black pepper oil BUY
Place half of the lemon juice into the Thermomix bowl, along with the water and honey and cook 8 min/80°C/speed 2.
Bloom the gelatin in some water until it softens and add to the Thermomix bowl. Blend 20 sec/speed 6.
Add the remaining lemon juice and the oils and stir gently to combine 4 sec/speed 3.
Pour into silicone moulds or into a plastic container. Refrigerate overnight.
These will soothe your throat, clear your nose a little and boost your immunity. YUMMY too!
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!