'Fush and Chups' were a Friday night thing quite often in our house. These days we prefer to make our own, (almost always, as we do have a pretty good chippie as our local who we hit up on occasion!)
This recipe for a fried fish and baked Parmesan wedges is ultra simple and no Thermomix is required. Add it to your menu people. Friday nights are looking 'delush' for those in the know!
We now have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. We are adding more courses in 2022. Check us out!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Grilled Lemon Fish
- 1 Piece white fish fillet, per serving (hake, whiting, snapper)
- 2 Teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 Teaspoons Pink Salt Flakes f BUY
- 1 lemon, zest, finely grated
- 8o Grams Fresh Lemon Juice
- Grilled lemon halves and fresh thyme leaves to serve
- Oil for frying
- 1 - 2 potatoes, per serving
- A little Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pink Salt Flakes to taste BUY
- 50 Grams parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- A few chopped fresh herbs to garnish
Grilled Lemon Fish;
Pat each fish fillet dry with a paper towel and set aside on a plate.
Combine pepper, salt and lemon zest and rub into each fillet. (This can be done up to 3 hours ahead of cooking.)
Drizzle with a little lemon juice.
Heat oil in a griddle pan on a medium heat for at least 3 minutes. Oil should not be smoking, but pan should be very hot.
Grill lemon halves cut side down until well coloured and softened. Set aside for garnish.
Fry each fish fillet on both sides until cooked through. (Times will vary depending on thickness of fillets used.) Use any remaining lemon juice to deglaze the pan and pour over cooked fish.
Preheat oven to as hot as you can get it. Place a baking tray of water onto the bottom shelf of oven.
Cut potatoes into wedges.
Place into a Ziploc bag with all remaining ingredients other than herbs. Give them a good shake.
Place onto a lined baking tray and cook for 35-45 minutes until well browned and crispy.
Sprinkle herbs over wedges.
Serve immediately with grilled lemon halves, more salt as needed and thyme leaves over.