Minestrone Soup With Cheese TortelliniMake on Drop
It’s certainly wintery soup weather down under….if you are north of the equator, just make a mental note of this one for when the winds are howling, the snow is on the ground and you just want to curl up in front of the fire with a good book, your big old mama slippers and a steaming bowl of this goodness…As this goes to air I am planning to be laying by a pool in the northern hemisphere in less than a few days…not to rub it in or anything, but USA, Florida, NYC, SLC and Houston to be precise…bring it on! I am over the cold mornings we are having right at the moment. As for the bitter cold unsociable evenings, I think you need to get a steaming pot of this on the go…what are you waiting for??
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 1 Handful Italian parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion, halved
- 1 chorizo sausage in pieces (approx 150g)
- 1 x 400 Gram Diced Tomatoes tinned
- 700 Grams liquid stock of choice
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- A few mushrooms, sliced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 potato, diced (or equivalent veggies of choice, diced and sliced)
- 1 Tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 70 Grams tomato paste
- 1 x 400 Gram tin of borlotti beans, drained
- 250 Grams cheese tortellini
- Finely grated Parmesan and lemon zest to garnish
Place parsley into Thermomix bowl and chop 4 sec/speed 4. Remove from bowl and reserve for garnish.
Place garlic, onion and chorizo into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 6. Scrape sides of bowl and sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 2/Reverse.
Add all remaining ingredients except beans, tortellini and garnishes.
Cook 20 min/100°C/speed 1/Reverse.
Add beans and tortellini and cook 5 min/100°C/speed 1/Reverse. Allow to rest in Thermomix bowl for at least 10 minutes prior to serving with chopped parsley, grated parmesan and lemon zest.
For a vegetarian version, omit the chorizo and add 20-30g EVOO prior to sautéing the onion and garlic.
Add a few more veggies of choice.