Minestrone Soup With Cheese TortelliniMake on Drop
It’s certainly wintery soup weather down under….if you are north of the equator, just make a mental note of this one for when the winds are howling, the snow is on the ground and you just want to curl up in front of the fire with a good book, your big old mama slippers and a steaming bowl of this goodness…As this goes to air I am planning to be laying by a pool in the northern hemisphere in less than a few days…not to rub it in or anything, but USA, Florida, NYC, SLC and Houston to be precise…bring it on! I am over the cold mornings we are having right at the moment. As for the bitter cold unsociable evenings, I think you need to get a steaming pot of this on the go…what are you waiting for??
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 1 Handful Italian parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion, halved
- 1 chorizo sausage in pieces (approx 150g)
- 1 x 400 Gram Diced Tomatoes tinned
- 700 Grams liquid stock of choice
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- A few mushrooms, sliced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 potato, diced (or equivalent veggies of choice, diced and sliced)
- 1 Tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 70 Grams tomato paste
- 1 x 400 Gram tin of borlotti beans, drained
- 250 Grams cheese tortellini
- Finely grated Parmesan and lemon zest to garnish
Place parsley into Thermomix bowl and chop 4 sec/speed 4. Remove from bowl and reserve for garnish.
Place garlic, onion and chorizo into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 6. Scrape sides of bowl and sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 2/Reverse.
Add all remaining ingredients except beans, tortellini and garnishes.
Cook 20 min/100°C/speed 1/Reverse.
Add beans and tortellini and cook 5 min/100°C/speed 1/Reverse. Allow to rest in Thermomix bowl for at least 10 minutes prior to serving with chopped parsley, grated parmesan and lemon zest.
For a vegetarian version, omit the chorizo and add 20-30g EVOO prior to sautéing the onion and garlic.
Add a few more veggies of choice.