Hungarian Bean and Ham Soup
Um,YUM. I don't like to play favourites, but this did need to be tested more than once, and nobody complained ... it is delicious. I hope you love it as much as my family loves it. I know its a bit early for soup, but we have seriously been having weird weather in Australia haven’t we? Can I get an amen?? So if you happen to have a cold rainy day, even though it’s been blisteringly hot the day before, trot this one out! You’ll thank me.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 2 Tablespoons lard
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 leek, white part only, well cleaned
- 1 carrot, in pieces
- 2 celery stalks, in pieces
- 1 parsnip, in pieces
- 40 Grams flour
- 300 Grams dried borlotti beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Litre water or liquid stock
- 400 Grams diced smoked pork or ham
- 1 heaped tbsp paprika plus some more
- 1 Teaspoon Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Sour cream as needed to serve
- Herbs of choice to garnish
Place lard, garlic, leek, vegetables and flour into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5.
Sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add beans, bay leaves and water and cook 60 min/90°C/Reverse/speed 1.
Check liquid levels and add water if needed up to the 1.5 L mark.
Add ham, paprika and salt and pepper to taste and heat through 10 min/100°C/Reverse/speed 1.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream garnished with a sprinkle of paprika and some chopped fresh herbs.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!