Mexican Mash makes for seriously good eating. I think it could be a lazy mum’s main dish (admitting nothing here), but I also think it would be absolutely amazing alongside a rack of barbecued ribs, or some slow-cooked pulled pork. But don’t take my word for it, get your mash on!
This recipe first appeared in Cooking with Tenina the cookbook which is now out of print except for right here on my site. Go get it while stocks last!
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 1 Litre water for steaming
- 500–800 Gram starchy potatoes quartered
- 75 Gram parmesan, cubed
- 75 Gram vintage cheddar, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic
- Handful coriander, leaves and stalks
- 20 Gram Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 2 Teaspoon Picante Spice mix Recipe
- 1 cob corn
- 1-2 Teaspoon chipotle in adobo sauce (optional)
- 50 Gram Baconnaise or other mayo of choice Recipe
- 1 x 400 gram Tin Beans - Red Kidney , drained BUY
- ½ each red, green, yellow capsicum, diced
- A few grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 Avocado diced
- 2–3 spring onions, sliced
- Sour cream to taste
Place water into the Thermomix bowl and bring to the boil 8 min/Varoma/speed 4.
Meanwhile prepare the potatoes and place them into the Varoma dish.
Set dish into position and steam 25–30 minutes until tender when pierced with a fork. Remove and cool on a paper towel to mop up any liquid.
Place cheeses into the clean and dry Thermomix bowl and mill 10 sec/speed10. Remove from bowl and set aside.
Place garlic, coriander, olive oil and Picante spice mix into the Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7.
Scrape down sides of bowl and saute 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Char-grill the corn in an open flame or on a barbecue until well blackened and kernels are softened. Cut from the cob.
Place dry potatoes and approximately half the cheese into the Thermomix bowl with chilli mixture and blend 7 sec/speed 7. Blend 7 sec/Reverse/speed 7.
Stir through other ingredients by hand,finishing with remaining cheese and sour cream.
Add whatever you want as toppings on this one. Lashings of cheese, sour cream, coleslaw, bacon, chillies, coriander. The kids will wolf it down, choose all their fave veggies to put into it. YUM.