I have made no secret of my chocolate passion, and now I have to get it out of the brownies and into something quick and healthy. Can we just have a quick look at what a superfood really is? As it is made from 100% cacao we are looking at the following health properties;
- Rich in antioxidants (more than in blueberries) and zinc
- Low in calories and carbs
- Contains the natural stimulant Theobromine in low levels, which increases alertness and energy without any of the come down effects normally associated with caffeine
- Curbs appetite
- More magnesium than any other food; which supports the heart, aids digestion, balances brain chemistry and builds strong bones.
- Gluten free, soy free, dairy free, sugar free, low levels of good fats
- An endorphin or “bliss chemical” called anadamide is produced by our body after exercise that makes us feel great. It has also been found in one plant – cacao.
So a little info to swallow along with this great tasting smoothie…not officially raw as the chocolate granules have been roasted, but a much preferable way to eat a version of cacao that has had the least amount of processes done to it.
Now the controversial stuff is out of the way (who ever knew Chocolate could harbour controversy!!) lets just get to the taste, which is after all why we drink or eat anything, at least in my house! I have been known to get a spoonful of the chocolate granules, and mix them with a little Bannister Downs double cream, and eat straight off the spoon….so there goes all that healthy low fat theory out the window…but then, I do squeeze 48 hours into every 24…so something is working! (Right?)
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 4 - 6 pitted dates
- 60 Grams Brew Choc dry granules BUY
- 1 Handful Almonds (soaked overnight and drained) BUY
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 banana
- 100 Grams ice cubes
- 400 Grams water
- 1 Pinch Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 30 Grams Pure Maple Syrup or agave syrup or honey
Place dates, Brew Choc granules and almonds into Thermomix bowl and blend 10 sec/speed 10.
Add remaining ingredients and blend 1 min/speed 8.
Garnish with some grated chocolate or chopped nuts if desired.
Drink! (And then probably make another lot!)