Seafood Chowder; The perfect recipe to showcase how easy it is to make amazing soups in your Thermomix (or other significant thermo of choice!) Thickened with potato, fragrant with amazing seafood, don't be afraid to add any seafood of choice. Scallops would be delicious, but do not forget that to over cook them is to murder them. (Just sayin’) I would suggest putting them into the hot soup raw, the soup heat will cook them perfectly...if you leave it just long enough. But no pressure. Chowder down!
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 85 Gram dried shrimp or prawns (Asian supermarkets)
- 200 Gram brown onions, in pieces
- 50 Gram butter
- 200 Gram sweet potato, cubed
- 200 Gram potato, cubed
- 700 Gram liquid stock
- 1 Teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 200 Gram white fish fillet, cubed
- 100 Gram salmon fillet, cubed
- 100 Gram prawns, peeled and deveined
- Drizzle of cream to taste
- Handful fresh parsley and dill to serve
Place shrimp into Thermomix bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10.
Add onions and butter and chop 3 sec/speed 6. Saute 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add sweet potato and potato, stock, pepper and white fish and cook 30 min/90ºC/Reverse/speed1.
Add salmon, prawns and cream and allow heat of the soup to cook the seafood for a few minutes.
Stir gently before serving with snipped fresh parsley and dill.