Seafood Chowder; The perfect recipe to showcase how easy it is to make amazing soups in your Thermomix (or other significant thermo of choice!) Thickened with potato, fragrant with amazing seafood, don't be afraid to add any seafood of choice. Scallops would be delicious, but do not forget that to over cook them is to murder them. (Just sayin’) I would suggest putting them into the hot soup raw, the soup heat will cook them perfectly...if you leave it just long enough. But no pressure. Chowder down!
- 85 g dried shrimp or prawns (Asian supermarkets)
- 200 g brown onions, in pieces
- 50 g butter
- 200 g sweet potato, cubed
- 200 g potato, cubed
- 700 g liquid stock
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 200 g white fish fillet, cubed
- 100 g salmon fillet, cubed
- 100 g prawns, peeled and deveined
- Drizzle of cream to taste
- Handful fresh parsley and dill to serve
Place shrimp into TM bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10.
Add onions and butter and chop 3 sec/speed 6. Saute 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add sweet potato and potato, stock, pepper and white fish and cook 30 min/90ºC/Reverse/speed1.
Add salmon, prawns and cream and allow heat of the soup to cook the seafood for a few minutes.
Stir gently before serving with snipped fresh parsley and dill.