Spicy Pork And Pineapple SaladMake on Fresco
On my recent trip to Sydney for cooking classes, I had an incredible lunch…and all for only $12! (That is unheard of in the west any more; bring back sleepy cheap town!) I also took my wonderful team to another amazing restaurant for lunch, coffees, etc etc, we ordered large and there was four of us…$80! I think I need to move east! But I digress, back to the Mona Vale eatery lunch.
A divine, but extremely hot salad, which when it arrived I questioned as to why there was a big old lump of steamed rice included in the otherwise beautiful bowl of green goodness! Tucking in, it soon became apparent, one needed the rice to alleviate the spicy pain induced by the oh-so-yummy dressing. This is my version, and now also appears in my Cooking with Tenina cookbook, currently out of stock Australia wide...but stay tuned. (And go and look at all the other yummy recipes I have available on the Insider Club. #livingmybestlife !!)
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control sort out your pantry and fridge and is ready for your shelfies now! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
- 600 Grams pork mince
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 Tablespoons cornflour or cornstarch
- Generous amount of white pepper
- 2 Pinches pink salt flakes or as needed BUY
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) as needed BUY
- 4 Handfuls baby spinach
- 1/2 purple cabbage, shredded
- 100 Grams peanuts, salted and roasted
- Lime wedges and sliced chili to garnish
- 1 Pineapple-fresh cut into pieces
- 3 spring onions, sliced lengthwise
- Generous Handfuls fresh mint
- 200 Grams Steamed rice to serve
- 3 cloves garlic
- 20 Grams fresh ginger ginger, peeled
- 1 large red chilli or to taste
- 50 Grams coconut sugar
- 40 Grams fresh lime juice
- 50 Grams fish sauce
- 50 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- Small Handfuls basil leaves
Place mince, crushed garlic, corn flour, white pepper, salt and a little dash of oil into a frypan (I know…it is pronounced ‘FRY-ING’ pan) and cook on a medium-high heat until well cooked, a little caramelised and fragrant. Set aside. You can do this step in Thermomix if desired, but it is quicker in this more traditional way.
Assemble salad, dividing ingredients between serving bowls, including a dollop of steamed rice in each bowl as mentioned earlier. Top with cooked pork mince mixture.
To prepare salad dressing, place all ingredients into Thermomix bowl and blend 30 sec/speed 8.
Drizzle salad dressing over salad, and serve immediately. (With a side of guilt for using the Fry pan!)