There is no secret about my passion for Thai food and although I have never seen a pumpkin soup originating from Thai cuisine, I always make this or a similar version when making pumpkin soup as it is just a bit more interesting. SO...one day for lunch, Bree whipped up a batch, we took a pic and voila, new recipe. If you haven't already tried one of those recipes that I am sure are floating around out there for this or something like it, this will be sure to be your go to recipe that works!! Go ahead and Thai it! (ba-boom!)
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control sort out your pantry and fridge and is ready for your shelfies now! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
- 1 red chilli
- 1 brown onion peeled and halved
- 2 Green Chilli(es) halved
- 30 Grams fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 lemongrass stalks, white middle part only
- 1 Handful fresh coriander or cilantro roots and stems only, reserve leaves for garnish
- 4p kaffir lime leaves leaves
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 30 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 1.2 Kilo butternut pumpkin peeled and cubed
- 700 Grams liquid vegetable stock
- pink salt flakes and pepper to taste BUY
- 200 Grams coconut milk Recipe
Place all aromatics into the Thermomix bowl. Chop 5 sec/speed 6. Sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 1/MC off.
Add pumpkin and chop 10 sec/speed 6. Add liquid stock, salt and pepper. Cook 20 min/100°C/speed 2.
Add coconut milk and blend 30 sec/speed 8. Repeat.
Pour into bowls and garnish with coriander leaves and sliced chilli if you wish!