There is no secret about my passion for Thai food and although I have never seen a pumpkin soup originating from Thai cuisine, I always make this or a similar version when making pumpkin soup as it is just a bit more interesting. SO...one day for lunch, Bree whipped up a batch, we took a pic and voila, new recipe. If you haven't already tried one of those recipes that I am sure are floating around out there for this or something like it, this will be sure to be your go to recipe that works!! Go ahead and Thai it! (ba-boom!)
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 1 Red Chillie(s)
- 1 Brown Onion peeled and halved
- 2 Green Chilli(es) halved
- 30 Grams Fresh Ginger
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 2 lemongrass stalks, white middle part only
- 1 Handful Fresh Coriander roots and stems only, reserve leaves for garnish
- 4p Kaffir Lime leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 30 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 1.2 Kilo Butternut Pumpkin peeled and cubed
- 700 Grams liquid vegetable stock
- Pink Salt Flakes and pepper to taste BUY
- 200 Grams Coconut Milk
Place all aromatics into the Thermomix bowl. Chop 5 sec/speed 6. Sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 1/MC off.
Add pumpkin and chop 10 sec/speed 6. Add liquid stock, salt and pepper. Cook 20 min/100°C/speed 2.
Add coconut milk and blend 30 sec/speed 8. Repeat.
Pour into bowls and garnish with coriander leaves and sliced chilli if you wish!