Bengali Salmon CurryMake on Drop
This amazing fragrant curry is just such a pleasure to make because you are seriously eating this within half an hour of deciding to get your curry on! The choice of salmon is purely mine, think of using this same curry base for other fish of choice. Even scallops would be quite amazing. Serve up with all the usual suspects. Steamed rice, some yoghurt, plenty of coriander and go the whole hog and add some naan. You know you want to.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 1 Teaspoon each cumin, fennel, mustard seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Turmeric
- 2 Teaspoons Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 200 Grams Brown Onion peeled and halved
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 1 Red Chillie(s) with seeds (or to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon Umami Paste Recipe
- 200 Grams water
- 800 Grams skinless salmon fillet, 7cm cubes
- Fresh coriander and lime wedges
- steamed rice to serve
Place seeds, mustard powder, paprika, turmeric and salt into a dry frying pan and toast on a high heat until smoking and fragrant. Cool slightly before blending 1 min/speed 10.
Add onion, EVOO and chilli to Thermomix bowl and chop 4 sec/speed 5.
Scrape down and cook 8 min/Varoma/speed 1/MC off.
Add Umami Paste and water and cook 8 min/100ºC/speed 3/MC off.
Replace MC and blend 30 sec/speed 6.
Add salmon to bowl and let rest for 10 minutes, ensuring it is covered in the hot sauce.
Serve with steamed rice, lime wedges and coriander sprigs.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!