Chilli, bacon, chocolate and beer? What could be a better combination for a cold winter night? Ale and chocolate add a rich earthy undertone reminiscent of a hearty Mexican mole ... that takes days to prepare. Bacon adds a smokiness. Get the same depth of flavour with the Thermomix in a fraction of the time. A dollop of fresh salsa on top adds a burst of brightness. Serve over steamed rice. Ole'!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 2 Red Chillie(s)
- 200 Grams Red Onion cut in pieces
- 8 Garlic Cloves
- 250 Grams Bacon cut in pieces
- 1 Teaspoon each ground cinnamon, allspice, coriander, cumin, paprika
- Pink Salt Flakes to taste BUY
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Kilo chuck beef, 4cm cubed
- 170 Grams Brew Choc brewed chocolate liquid BUY
- 2 Tablespoons Brew Choc granules BUY
- 100 Grams beer or ale
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Steamed rice to serve
- Sour cream to serve (optional)
Tomato Avocado Salsa
- 1 Punnet grape tomatoes
- 1 Avocado
- 1-2 spring onions/shallots, sliced
- Few sprigs coriander
- 1 Teaspoon Citrus Olive Salt or pink salt flakes Recipe
- 1 Fresh Lemon Juice to taste
Char-grill chillies over an open flame and place into a glass bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to sweat. Rub skins off when flesh is cool.
Place chillies, onion, garlic, bacon, spices, salt and pepper into Thermomix bowl and chop 4 sec/speed 5.
Sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add remaining ingredients and cook 60 min/90℃/Reverse/speed 1 with MC off. Use simmering basket or spatter guard (TM6) on top of lid to prevent spatter.
Serve over steamed rice with Tomato and Avocado Salsa and a dollop of sour cream if desired.
Slice tomatoes, dice avocado and slice onions. Toss with remaining ingredients
Serve as a garnish with the Chilli.